June 23, 2018
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Lynden Sculpture Garden
THIS LINE WILL BE UPDATED AT 3:00pm THE DAY OF THE CONCERT.
Present Music returns to the Lynden Sculpture Garden for its final concert of the season shaped in sound for the sight of the garden’s collection of more than 50 monumental sculptures in 40 acres of park, lake and woodland. A truly one-of-a-kind, moving concert that will surprise and delight the senses! Local musicians and other performers bring the Garden to life for what promises to be another sold-out finale for Present Music!
Experience 13 Performances @ Sculptures During Part I:
- Olivia Kieffer @ “Rhythm in Space” – performing “A Lightyear by Scale” her solo percussion composition
- UW-M Woodwinds @ “Tensione” – performing an explorative composition by Kevin Stalheim
- UW-M Woodwinds @ “Trio” – performing “Echolocations” by Aleksandra Vrebalov
- UW-M Brass (Led by Don Sipe) @ “Olympus“, “Double Up“, and “Upstart” – performing resonance-rich compositions by Kevin Stalheim
- Present Music Ensemble @ “Quartet” – performing “Carreteis II (Spools II)” by Alexandre Lunsqui
- Present Music Ensemble @ “Des Vaches: Mo, Ni, Que” – performing Mvmt I from “Garland Hirsch’s Cows” by Phillip Bimstein
- Projeto Arcomusical @ “Sky Fence” – performing “Apenas Seja” by Alexis Lamb
- Projeto Arcomusical @ “Kumo (Cloud)” – performing the piece, “Dreaming” from the full work entitled “Roda”, yet to be released by Elliot Cole
- Panadanza Dance Company (Led by Michael Bettine) @ “Arch“, “Epicenter” and “Epicenter II” – performing “Gendhing in the Garden” by Carl Storniolo
- Emma Koi and Quasimondo performing a physical movement-based collaboration to the solo flute piece “Syrinx” by Claude Debussy
- Christal Wagner and Emma Koi @ “Twist for Max” – performing a surprise joint-collaboration!
Explore Your Creative Side With These Artists for Part II:
Brooke Thiele – along with Hanna White-Hamalian and Kymberly McDaniel presenting “Take, Pause, Movement”, a brand new performance art piece involving animation and dance.
Melissa Dorn and several other local Milwaukee artists – creating new works inspired by the performances during Part I, and hosting a “House of Cards” card-making event to be collected for the Milwaukee Art Museum.
Gongtopia – Milwaukee’s own Gong Guy, Michael Bettine, providing a hands-on demonstration with his arsenal of metallic, vibrating instruments!
Program subject to change.
On June 23rd, if the weather looks bad:
1) CHECK THIS WEBPAGE AFTER 3:00pm; THE TOP LINE will be updated to indicate whether the concert is ON or OFF
– The Facebook Event Page will also be updated to include the same information in the TOP LINE of the event description
– We will update our voicemail message at 3:00pm on ONLY IF THE CONCERT IS OFF
2) IF THE CONCERT IS OFF, the RAIN DATE is set for June 24th at 6:00pm and further instruction will follow the updated TOP LINE of THIS WEBPAGE and the FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE.
3) WE WILL MAKE EVERY POSSIBLE EFFORT TO PERFORM THE CONCERT ON JUNE 23rd AS SCHEDULED – PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME WEATHER WILL DAMPEN OUR SOUND (and Sight!)
4) We recommend using WISN-12’s Interactive Radar to watch the forecasted weather radar and follow any projected storms! Be sure to use their handy features to locate the Garden and save the map view as a favorite so you can revisit!
Check out these articles from the press: